Saturday, April 18, 2009

Welcome to Wal-Mart

Well I started my new job on Tuesday. Wow, I had no idea there was so much going on at Wal-Mart. So I officially begin "training" on Monday, with only 3 days of official training myself, I am kind of sorry for my first few classes, they are innocent people who have no idea what they are getting into. Initially they told me to expect to have a trainer for myself for a few weeks, I would do some portions of the training and then work on the massive amount of paperwork Wal-Mart has. Seriously there is a lot of paperwork. Because they work with every single government work related program teh paperwork is almost daunting. So yesterday we had a meeting with our regional HR Director (i think that is her title) and she informed me that my co-trainer from the North Logan Store should "phase out" and that she expected me to start training by myself. WHAT???!!! It was all I could do to keep my composure while she was there. She left and then I had to take a break so that the store manager did not see me freak out. I hadn't been through a single training yet, I keep getting pulled out for this meeting or this conference call, so honestly I hadn't finished orientation, but I am expected to do 3 classes next week.

So today and tomorrow is spent trying to calm myself. It will all work out. Worst case sceniorio is that I read from the training manuel word for word and sound like Ben Stein. If that is the worst I can do I am sure I can manage, but it is just daunting.

The schedule we have to hire and train between now and June 11 (I think that is the date) is very aggressive and I will be very very busy.

Have a nice weekend.

2 comments:

vcsings said...

Your training contract sounds like the old "Bait and Switch" routine where they tell you anything to get you in the door and then change the program once you are in. They probably looked at you and thought"This is one experienced smart cookie!We won't need to waste any money training her! She will figure it all out by herself!" That's what happens when you are good. I hope you do get some help though. It is probably ok to ask for help when you are just starting out. Good Luck! Love Aunt Vickie

Amber said...

wahoo! Go Charity Go!

Charity... think of it this way.. you got a job doing what you do the BEST out of EVERYBODY...
TALKING.... & TALKING & TALKING...
AND TALKING...
TO PEOPLE THAT HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOU.... THEY DON'T HAVE A CHOISE! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!?